Friday, March 9, 2012

Walk in clinic at my vicinity saved my day

Last summer, I was going through an article of Mrs. Debra, a homemaker, who adorned a walk in clinic for treating her son who was suffering from an acute pain of an insect bite, in an empathic manner and within the time. Please allow me to share my version of the story as follow:


Before I visited to a Walk in Clinic at my vicinity, it was hell hard for me to wash the scary traces of the movie named, “I still remember what you did last summer”. A mere mention of this movie’s name skips my heartbeat and leaves me flabbergasted.


Last summer, on a ground-burning day, I was watching this movie and suddenly I heard my son screaming for me. I rushed out and discovered he was stung by a garden insect and was mentioning about dizziness. I was so shocked and petrified; the first thing that came to mind was a venomous spider. I rang my general practitioner but his absence increased my worry. Then my neighbour told me taking my son to hospital will take much time, so better walk in to a nearby clinic, which was in the 10 minutes’ driving distance from my place. On my arrival, here is what I experienced:

My son received immediate attention and was straightway stretchered to the emergency check up room.

The stringer was removed instantly, in order to halt any further infection

I was told that as per the symptoms, the stung seems a honeybee’s stung

He was given a pain killer and an antidote for pain mitigation

He was then asked for a urine and blood test, to confirm the level of harm caused and to check any breakdown of muscle tissue

Finally, after checking everything, the doctors confirmed it was a honeybee’s sting, nothing to worry.

My son was discharged


Mrs. Debra also mentioned some other advantages of walk in clinics as follows:
These walk in clinics are a relief for you, if you are in urgent need of doctor and not in situation of booking an appointment

If you or your family member is suffering from diseases like cold & flues, sinus infections, eye infections, vomiting, abdominal pain, sprains, strains, cuts and burns, fever or sore throat, and you do not want to wait for hours before your turn, you can visit these walk in clinics.

She also mentioned that, if a patient is suffering from life threatening and serious medical situation, then one must not rely upon these walk in clinics.



No comments:

Post a Comment